Systems and processes ensure your firm delivers business advisory services with consistently high quality and excellent client outcomes. The systems and processes to support successful business advisory work will be shared across your accounting firm and ensure new accounting professionals will be on-boarded successfully into business advisory.
Processes for accounting firms delivering business advisory assignments include the following stages of advisory engagements:
- Engaging in meaningful conversations with clients to uncover relevant client issues, needs, goals and objectives.
- Confirming opportunities with clients and handing over tasks to appropriate subject matter experts.
- Developing a business advisory plan and accurate costing of the business advisory engagement.
- Gaining mutual agreement with your clients on their needs, priorities, scope, plan, price and terms of engagement.
- Using simple proposals that are clear and easily understood by your client. Engaging your client in reviewing the proposal to quicken the approval.
- How to commence a business advisory engagement.
- Using your plan to track the delivery of results and value to your client.
- Eliminating ‘project scope creep’ by knowing when a client engagement is complete and how to close the engagement with your client.
- Gaining new opportunities with your client without appearing ‘pushy’ and unprofessional.
This set of processes also enables pro-active assignment management and consistent auditing of assignments.
At Advisory Success, we provide all of this and more in our unique and proprietary Business Advisory Program for professional accountants.