“What gets measured gets managed”. A famous management consultant or two has been known to build huge consulting success around that very phrase.
Partners/Directors with a remit to identify, sell and deliver advisory assignments should be measured on:
- The number of client needs uncovered and included in an business advisory engagement.
- The number of advisory assignments won in their client base.
- The client’s feedback on the quality of delivery and outcomes.
- The commercial success delivered to the accounting firm.
- These measurements should be transparent and many accounting firms have this information available across the firm.
We include these measures and more when we work with our accounting firm clients.